Finding the right Home Care provider can be confusing. There are hundreds of thousands of homecare providers to choose from. However, this is your loved one and you want to make sure that you choose wisely. Not just anyone will give your elderly parent the love, attention and kindness they deserves. Not to mention, you have to find someone you and trust and rely on.
Choosing a homecare provider is a family choice that should be based on reliable research.
Keep these questions in mind. Write them down if you need to, just make sure you ask each potential homecare agency:
- How much experience do you have?
- Do you accept insurance or any type of public assistance as payment?
- Can you provide a backup in case you are unable to show up?
- Are you a licensed, insured and bonded care giver that is covered by workman’s compensation?
- Do you develop a custom plan of care?
- Do you object to homecare software monitoring your services?
- Do you have a supervisor that checks on your services?
- How much and what kinds of training do you have?
- How do you screen a potential caregiver and how do you match a caregiver to a client?
- Do you check references (or for an individual you would ask for references and check them yourself), backgrounds and is there any type of drug screening conducted?